Sweet sour Pumpkin
What a treat! Sweet sour pumpkin is easy to prepare yet so tasty. With few ingredients, choosing the right ones is fundamental. Do not forget some bread to mop up the juice.
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- Calories 400 kcal
- 600 grams of pumpkin
- 6 spoons of white wine vinegar
- 3 spoons of sugar
- two cloves of garlic
- 10 mint leaves or a spoon of dried mind
- olive oil
- Clean the pumpkin and cut slices 4mm thick
- Fry the slices on both sides in abundant olive oil
- Add the minced garlic
- Stir and add the vinegar and sugar mix
- Let evaporate and transfer in a bowl, oil included
- Add the mint
- Store in a fridge for no less than one hour.
- Serve the sweet sour pumpkin with bread as antipasto
Sweet sour pumpkin, zucca all'agro dolce is a Sicilian classic. And once you'll try it, a classic in your kitchen too. This antipasto never comes alone. Caponata, cheese, olives, you name it.The use of olive oil is fundamental. There is no way to obtain a decent result with any other oil. White wine vinegar may be substituted. Avoid strong alternatives. Apple vinegar for example works out well.In some recipes the garlic is removed. If that is your intention, don't mince it. Sweet sour pumpkin as side dish may cause trouble. It is an outspoken dish and easily casts a shadow over other dishes. The same trouble occurs when choosing wine. We'd advice a fruity grillo wine.