Beetroot is not often associated with pasta. And that is unfair. The rather neutral yet recognizable flavor is easy to build upon. It allows to host more intense ingredients without problem. Imagination is the only limit here.
The unusual color contrasts wonderfully with green -chives or basil – and white -cheese.
The same cream is nice on bread or bruschetta.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 20 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- Calories 200 kcal
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- 1 large boiled beetroot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml of EVO
- 80 grams grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- Clean your beetroot carefully and dice
- Add oil, garlic and cheese
- Blend into a smooth cream
- Slightly under boil your spaghetti
- Mix the drained spaghetti with the beetroot cream
- While stirring, add half a cup of boiling water
- Serve with fresh basil